Search Box

Custom Search

Monday, May 4, 2009

Push to Crossed

Here are two comic books that I have been following since from last year when they came out. The first one is Push from Wildstorm, written by Bernardin and Freeman of the Highwaymen fame (it's also included here as one of my recommended reads). Push is about a covert group of "psychics" with special abilities ranging from telekinesis to shape-shifting (i know, I know its kinda like X-men but without much of the hype) that well, gets, uhmm...pushed to their limits. Overall, even with it's old theme, still a good read with a good "push" in the right direction (pun intended). It's actually been made into a movie, released earlier this year (the comicbook serves as a back story really, from what I gather). While the second one, Crossed written by Preacher creator, Garth Ennis and pencilled by Jacen Burrows, is about uhmmm...well, people suddenly going "psycho" and going on an orgasmic killing spree -literally! It reminds me so much of Warren Ellis' Black Gas (also of Avatar Press), but much much more graphic and gruesome, this one totally goes clusterfucked! I don't think it'll be made a movie soon...(if it did, it'll probably get an X) coz it's still ongoing, I think it ends at 10. I give both these titles and 8 out of 10 must read for the year!

PUSH

Show & Select Links

 

CROSSED

Show & Select Links

No comments: